Monday, October 15, 2012

So, trying this from my phone...
Yesterday Afternoon we were back in the pasture grazing sheep. Me, Lizzy, Bug, and Rango... After a very unsuccessful agility weekend, I was very happy with Lizzy's work on the stock!
(both pups did get an opportunity to come to the agility trial, wonderful experience as there are lots of dogs, barking, people, strange noises, etc. I brought them different days as I would rather not have them dependent on each other. They had fun making friends, walking around, being pups )
So grazing- interesting to watch the approach of the 2 pups. If no one is working, they leave the sheep alone at this point. Not sure how much longer for Rango. He is very much into moving them, kinda likes to bite. Bug is not as enthusiastic, she wants to hold the sheep to the other dog but does yet have the presence to stop them. I am happy to see the interest and involvement of both the pups.
Lizzy was good. Even with the interference and lack of help from me(sitting on my bucket,) she would nicely get the sheep out of the brush and weeds when they started wandering to far.
I probably should mention that the sheep the pups are around will not as a rule challenge a dog nor will they run away in terror. The pups are not around my ram, as he would come after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment