Sunday, September 16, 2012

so its been a long time.  And I thought I would include this facebook post. Maybe I can keep up and use this to describe training my various dogs!

Part of the "fun" of grazing sheep is the time to think. And sitting with my dogs, makes me think about them. I guess I feel fortunate to have so many dogs who I feel are both talented and special! Eowyn my Golden Retriever, my first purebred dog, my intro to showing, dog clubs, etc; then Gandalf, the most awesome Aussie! Temperament, good looks, drive and heart that are hard to beat. And of course Rowan, my first WTCH, ATCH and PCH, as well as HOF dam. She is my foundation and an amazing dog who taught me so much; her son SVCH Ron, who surpassed any expectations I had, PCH WTCH Lin who still amazes me, is my shadow, and the very talented younger generation, Tommy the clown, Lizzy (his opposite), baby Dari, Rio, and the pups, Junebug and Rango. There are others who have also shared in my life, and have a place in my heart, Tot the bc, Minnie, Sydney, Mötley.Each one an individual, each with something special to bring to my life, his or her own talents, strengths and weaknesses. Working with dogs truly is an amazing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment